the friday...er, wednesday...five
I noticed at annatopia that last week's Friday Five (a set of questions people post their answers to on Friday) was about blogging, so I decided to take a belated crack at it.
- How long have you had a weblog? Since April 18, 2002
- What was your first post about? Not countin the initial "this is a test" post, my first post was an introduction and mini-manifesto about what I wante the blog to be about.
...I wanted to cultivate a space where I could toss out cool links I come across in my exploration of the Web, ponder the nuances of life in this modern world, and grouse about life in general.
I think that I've stayed pretty much on track since then, although I've been intending to provide more of the "cool link" variety.
- How many changes (name, location, etc.) of your weblog have there been, if more than one? None at all.
- What CMS (content management system) do you use? Do you like it or do you want to try something else? Blogger; I'm fairly although not totally satisfied. But hey; it's free.
- Do you read people who have both a journal and a weblog? Or do you prefer to read people who have all of their writing in one central place? I don't really make much distinction; some of the sites I read a lot tend more toward journalism/punditry and others are more personal-experience logs, but a number of the former refer to the writer's work elsewhere, and I often follow up on those links.
Sorry it's late, but then I don't usually do the Friday Five at all.