n. korea admits violating nuclear agreement
North Korea admits having pursued nuclear weapons devleopment in violation of international agreements (more here, here, and here). I haven't had time to digest all these stories yet, but there's no doubt that this revelation poses another major foreign policy crisis just at the Administration is gearing up to get its long-desired war on with Iraq. But it seems that under the policy made clear by the Administration hawks, the path couldn't be clearer. Given that:
- North Korea was listed by Bush as a member of the trilateral "axis of evil"
- North Korea is, along with Iraq, on the State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism
- North Korea's government has pursued policies resulting the deaths of untold numbers of people from famine
- North Korea is developing nuclear weapons in violation of international agreements
- And hey, just for chuckles, they're still Communists, after all
...by the hawks' logic, we have no choice but to go to war with Korea right now. Right?