A Timeline of Historical Events
|June 5, 1847 the first Mass celebrated at the home of Casper Hurm. Official founding of Parish on feast of Saint Boniface.|
|Construction of Log Church 45" X 30" began.|
Construction of a Log House Rectory.
First resident pastor.
Small Log Church was extended 30 more feet.
Fall of 1852 the first school in Fulda was opened. It was a one room log building with a dirt floor and one window with panes of greased paper.
|In January, the Women's Society was started and received the name of Holy Rosary Society.|
Father Chrysostom accepted plans from Mr, Marendt for a new church to be built at Fulda.
Milton Jackson furnished the stones for the foundation, which is 7 feet thick.
A new one room frame school building was constructed.
|After construction of a new church was completed, pillars were required when the roof began to give.|
June 5, The new church, not completely finished on the inside was dedicated by
Prior Martin Marty, O.S.B. of Saint Meinrad on the feast of Saint Boniface.
Three bells were cast for the church by J.G. Stuchstede & Brothers, of Saint Louis Mo,
Saint Boniface Men's Society began.
|Walls and ceiling of the church were plastered.|
|Saint Benedicts Young Men's Society began.|
New brick rectory was completed.
Three new alters were placed in church.
Two paintings for $450.00 were purchased. One portrays the death of Saint Boniface, the other is the laying of the cornerstone at Fulda, Germany. Both are displayed on the reredos of the main alter.
|Another one room school was built, the one building was used for the lower four grades and the other for the upper grades.|
|Erosion was threatening the brick rectory, only 12 years old. It was torn down and a frame building was erected.|
A frame convent was completed for the Sisters.
The church tower was repaired and a new roof was placed on the church.
The two "Little Red School houses" were replaced by a two room frame school house.
|The brick floor of the church was replaced with baked cement blocks.|
|The church interior was replastered and painted. New colored glass windows were installed and a new communion rail was installed.|
|New pews were placed in the church.|
|The oak console organ was purchased. It has 10 ranks, and 535 pipes and cost $950.00|
The paintings on the walls and ceilings were completed for a cost of $2,500.00
Stenciling was painted.
|Karr Supply Co. of Saint Louis, Mo. installed the heating system at a cost of $1,053.00.|
|Bishop Chartrand, consecrated Saint Boniface Church, also the 50th Anniversary of the blessing of the church in 1866.|
Construction of steps leading from the church to Main Street was completed.
A steel tabernacle which was donated by Boniface Schaefer was installed.
The stations of the cross were purchased.
|A steel beam extending the full length of the church was installed.|
|A copper cross was placed atop the church steeple|
|Saint Boniface School was completed and opened in January, 1955|
|Restrooms were added to the church.|
|February 18: Plans to close Fulda Grade School at the end of the year.|
|Painters begin painting the interior of the church|
|October 17: Blessing of Saint Boniface Church after completion of redecorating.|
|Monsignor Clarence Lindauer's 40th Anniversary|
|Saint Boniface was placed on the Indiana State Registor of Historic Sites|
|April 5: Good Friday wind damage to the church roof|
Restoration of the stained glass windows in church.
New windows were placed in the Parish Center
|New heating system was installed in the church.|
|A new cross was placed on the church steeple and the steeple repainted|